Steve's Wish Climb

Steve's Wish Climb
CLICK ON THIS IMAGE TO DONATE. 100% OF YOUR DONATION GOES TO MAKE-A-WISH.

Thursday, April 16, 2015

VO2 Test

VO2 max refers to the maximum amount of oxygen that an individual can utilize during intense or maximal exercise. It is measured as "milliliters of oxygen used in one minute per kilogram of body weight."  (ml/kg/minute) This is considered a good measure of an athletes cardiovascular fitness.

Yesterday I took this test and scored 51.1. For my age group (50-55 yrs old) an excellent score is >45 ml/kg/minute. This also puts me in the "superior" category for the (much younger!) 30-39 age group. So I was very pleased! My goal is to get this number to 53-54 ml/kg/min.

I still have some work to do in the lower heart rate zones to improve "cardiovascular endurance", but I will achieve this in the next 90 days. I take the test again in July, I'll let you know the results. So far ...on track.

If the Wish Children can fight to get better .... so can we!

I NEED YOUR HELP TO GRANT WISHES, DONATE HERE: http://friends.wish.org/022-000/page/Steven-Cook/Steve's-Wish-Climb.htm





http://friends.wish.org/022-000/page/Steven-Cook/Steve's-Wish-Climb.htm

CLICK ON THE PHOTO TO GRANT WISHES!

No comments:

Post a Comment