Steve's Wish Climb

Steve's Wish Climb
CLICK ON THIS IMAGE TO DONATE. 100% OF YOUR DONATION GOES TO MAKE-A-WISH.

Monday, April 27, 2015

Nepal Earthquake

Most of you are aware of the tragedy in Nepal over the weekend. At this time I do not know how this will impact my climb in November, certainly things have changed. My guide service Alpenglow Expeditons is currently on the North side of Everest opposite of the avalanche zone on the South side. They and their Sherpa are safe. However, many of their Sherpa guide's home villages were badly damaged.

I still plan on climbing this year to raise money for Make-A-Wish. I will keep you updated as the status becomes more clear. Meanwhile, here is a link to an article regarding charities helping in Nepal:

http://www.pri.org/stories/2015-04-25/how-help-nepal-7-vetted-charities-doing-relief-work-following-earthquake

No comments:

Post a Comment