Steve's Wish Climb

Steve's Wish Climb
CLICK ON THIS IMAGE TO DONATE. 100% OF YOUR DONATION GOES TO MAKE-A-WISH.

Monday, February 2, 2015

Today

I spent the week last week getting back to the gym and working on my fitness. For the next several weeks I'll be focused on strength and base cardio, then when the weather turns I'll take those gains outside.

The snow yesterday and today was a great opportunity to check my gear and layering systems. I won't have that opportunity again when spring arrives. Maneuvering gloves, hats, boots and eyewear is much more difficult with large gloves on, gloves that cannot be taken off at altitude. So getting comfortable changing and handling gear with large gloves is critical. Any wasted energy handling gear is energy not available for climbing. Efficiency is key!

climbing on Ama Dablam

No comments:

Post a Comment