Steve's Wish Climb

Steve's Wish Climb
CLICK ON THIS IMAGE TO DONATE. 100% OF YOUR DONATION GOES TO MAKE-A-WISH.

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Taking Risks

In 1997 I was given a wonderful opportunity to manage one of golf's sacred properties, Oakland Hills CC. That was the result of the GM/COO at the time, Rick Bayliss who took a chance on an "Iowa greenkeeper". We've been friends ever since, Rick remains a mentor and coach and I owe my career to one man's love affair with risk.

"Nothing risked, nothing gained" is one of my favorites. Not only am I indebted to Rick for believing in that principle, but it caused me to be less risk averse too. And it's why I am raising money, climbing mountains for Make A Wish kids.

Rick is now the COO at Lost Tree Club in FL ... thank you Rick for your generosity in supporting Make-A-Wish and my Wish Climb. Thanks for making a difference in the lives of others.

http://friends.wish.org/022-000/page/Steven-Cook/Steve's-Wish-Climb.htm

L-R Pat Croswell, Rees Jones, Rick Bayliss, me

No comments:

Post a Comment